Sat, 15 Jul|
Beewell Demonstration Garden
Natural Soap Making Course
A two-day soap making course - traditional method using lye - 'cold process'. Learn how to make and take home your own herbal infused oil, 11 bars of herbal soap, and design your own handprinted bags (using wild plants) that house the soap beautifully!
Time & Location
15 Jul 2023, 12:00 – 16 Jul 2023, 16:00
Beewell Demonstration Garden, Cardross Estate, Port of Menteith, By FK8 3JY, UK
About the Event
On this two day course you will visit and harvest herbs at the Herbal Homestead garden, and have access to the Beewell Bothy and workshop space for your preparations. Each day the course will run from 12 noon to 4pm.
You will meet Calendula (Calendula officinalis) and Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica), learning how to use these plants in the following ways;
- Sowing/ growing/ harvesting (taking your own calendula plant home)
- Enjoy calendula & nettle 'tea' tasting
- How to dry and store these herbs for tea making
- Preparing calendula & nettle for oil infusions (used in soap, creams, or as it is) - taking home your own infused oil
- Learn about their medicinal and skin care benefits
- Using calendula and nettle infused oil to make your own soap bars (x11)
- Plant printing these and other wild plants to decorate drawstring bags that will house your soap
- Follow up herb guides and soap recipe
- Wild snacks and drinks provided (but do bring a packed lunch)
What To Bring
- Sensible walking shoes
- A backpack for your soap and other items
- PACKED LUNCH & drinking water
- Note pad and pen if you wish to take notes
- Any personal medical kit (please let me know how I can assist you with this if required)
The group will be limited to four participants only! and will have exclusive access to the historic and beautiful grounds of Cardross Estate (Stirlingshire FK8).
There are great accommodation options on and around the estate should you wish to stay the weekend! - let me know if I can help you with this.
Natural Soap Making Course£155.00Sold Out
This event is sold out